There’s no denying that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there at the moment, with over 500 million active users; it is a platform that you should definitely incorporate into your social strategy, you’ve got nothing to lose. You have the option to operate a normal Instagram account for your business or one specifically designed for businesses, this option has many extra features such as a CTA button so your followers can easily contact you as well as displaying your address.
We’ve rounded up a few tips that if you follow, will benefit you and your business when it comes to using Instagram.
- Connect with your other social media platforms: Possibly the easiest thing you can do to start seeing results on Instagram is connecting it with your other social media platforms. So if you have Facebook and Twitter and you connect those with your Instagram account, every time you post a picture on Instagram, they will feature on your other social pages too. It’s important to stay connected.
- Follow back: The best way to develop strong relationships on your social media platforms is to acknowledge your followers. This doesn’t mean you have to follow everyone, just those that are relevant to your brand and what you offer.
- Be relevant: This might be obvious to you but you’d be surprised at the number of businesses that just post anything onto their Instagram account, often not related to their business or brand identity. Post consistency is important but quality is just as important. Make sure that everything you post has some relevance to your business and brand.
- What’s trending?: A way to gain followers and stay up to date with what’s happening is to incorporate hashtags into your captions. Take a look at what’s trending, there are multiple hashtags used on a daily basis such as #throwbackthursday #followfriday #wednesdaywisdom #mondaymotivation get involved with those and you’ll see your engagement grow.
- Talk: So you have your followers but what now? Talk to them, comment on pictures and like other users images if they’re relevant to your business. Don’t spam one individual as they might get annoyed and unfollow you. By engaging with other Instagram users, or even businesses, you can grow strong relationships that could benefit you in the future.
- Optimise your profile: You want your profile to look as good as possible because unfortunately when it comes to Instagram, users do tend to judge a book by its cover. If you have no bio and a really poor profile picture then chances are people won’t bother looking at your pictures. Make sure you have a clear profile picture of your logo and state exactly what your business offers in the bio. Make sure you also add your website to the bio (Haven’t got a website?! Have a read of this)